Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A special drama experience

This is first time our mass communication department and English department are cooperating to hold the English play contest. I never have look English play experience. So it also a novel experience for me. I felt our class and English department plays are both well. Although my English is not learning well and I couldn’t understand many play’s dialogue mean, I also found our department and English department have some characteristics on play. Our department has more dance elements. Besides the play has more east color and even combine with our mass communication characteristic in plot. Furthermore, their stage performance usually control on stage center. The three play’s stage properties were making well. About English department, I felt their play not have more originality perform and to follow rules. Besides the majority play plot were use the stage wings to perform. Furthermore, their plays to lay particular stress on modern or west color plot.

First about the butterfly love play, I felt their play very interesting. For example, they combine sing with dance in play. They even sing the rap in play. I felt they make the play have more cadences. Besides their stage property also made exquisite such as a sedan chair. But their plot of a play I felt not very perfect. It not showed the essence of the story.

Second about who is watching Fu Manchu play, I felt their stage actor very plunge into this play. Besides their play also has more dance and their dance was uniform. Moreover I felt their plot has more completeness and definite focus than other two plays. So I think it made them has more chances to gain many prizes.

Third about Shooting Paparazzi play, I think their play was the most originality drama. They used many mass communication originalities in plot, such as stalkerazzi, SNG news…etc. Although their plot combine with many famous hot news, it too much and made their play to felt piecemeal. So I felt a little pity.

Final about the English department’s play Alfie, I felt their perform were facile and stage actor also plunge into this play. Besides, their blocking also use well. Furthermore, their stage actors even do the interaction with viewers. I felt it make the play more interesting.